Big Whig Media, D.C.’s First On-The-Ground Production Studio, Opens One Block from the White House in the Courtyard of the Historic Willard Hotel
New Studio Center Launches With Goals to Change Content Creation and Advocacy Process in the District
WASHINGTON – Today, Big Whig Media at the Willard InterContinental Hotel and Office Building, officially opened for business as D.C.’s first ever on-the-ground TV and production studio. Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., between the White House and Capitol Building, Big Whig Media is a full-service multimedia center with top-of-the-line editing services to enable digital, television, radio, and podcast production for associations, businesses and organizations of all sizes.
Big Whig Media is a partnership of Nahigian Strategies, a full-service strategic communications and public relations firm, and Carr Companies, a leading property developer and innovator in the workplace experience. Big Whig Media will:
- Give organizations and associations a connected location to create compelling digital and broadcast content, adding value for their memberships
- Provide industry experts a central location for satellite uplink interviews, available for on-demand bookings
- Enhance fly-ins and conferences hosted at the Willard by offering turnkey, in-house video creation
- Serve as a location for public relations firms to host high level media trainings with full-service equipment and staff support
- Enable access for editors and producers to a state-of-the-art facility for editing and post production
- Be a bureau for networks and news outlets without a D.C. location
- Serve as a location for local or network news channels to host a broadcast in a facility that offers real engagement through its floor to ceiling windows so visitors can see the newsmaking process
- Serve as a location for government agencies to directly communicate initiatives with the public for a better value to taxpayers
- Allow law firms a location to prepare for testimony and public engagement with instant playback for review
- Offer nearby flexible office space through Carr Workplaces, ensuring that larger productions and projects can have a full team steps away
- Offer exclusive views for networks with its Sony 4K rooftop camera feed, featuring the U.S. Capitol, Washington Monument, National Mall, Ronald Reagan National Airport and more
“The Willard InterContinental Hotel has long been a part of Washington’s rich history,” said Oliver T. Carr Jr., chairman of Willard Associates. “As the hospitality industry continues to evolve, I am proud to be able to offer Big Whig Media as a 21st century solution to those living in or visiting the District.”
“The media landscape is changing,” said Keith Nahigian, president and co-founder of Big Whig Media. “We’ve seen more streaming services popping up, a higher interest in video-based podcasts, and more independently created shows, yet no dedicated location to meet the needs of the industry.”
“Big Whig Media answers this need, and will serve as a location for associations and industry experts, elected officials, foreign dignitaries, and anybody looking to create and share content. This media center was created to serve as a shared location designed for each client to brand and call their home. Now every media outlet and organization can have a D.C. bureau in the heart of downtown” Nahigian added.
For those seeking more information about Big Whig Media capabilities or pricing, please visit www.BigWhigMedia.com.